- Donate Today
- Friends of Bloomfield
- Giving in Memory
- Leave a Gift in Your Will
- Corporate Support
- Philanthropy & Major Gifts
- Payroll & Regular Giving
- Trusts & Foundations
- Covid-19 Donation Wishlist
- Current Funding Needs
- Tax Efficient Giving
Fundraising Hints & Ideas (for Events)
- Don’t take on all the work yourself. Ask others to help out. Many hands lighten the load and it’s more fun to do things together
- If you are working with a team, make sure everyone is on board and motivated to organise an event and raise money.
- Be clear about your goals – what you are working towards and what you are fundraising for. If you have a personal connection with Bloomfield or the work that we do, you might consider sharing this personal story – it will make the event more compelling for others too.
- If you are running an event that involves expenses on your part, be mindful that many fundraising events fail because organisers were not prudent about the costs involved. The most successful events are often those with the minimum costs and maximum returns.
- Encourage everyone involved in the event to use their personal social media pages to connect with friends to tell them about what’s happening. Upload relevant photos or video (e.g. preparations for the event).
- Make it simple for people to make donations – set something up online or point them to Bloomfield’s online donation page. If people can’t attend the event, maybe they would make a donation anyway.
- Give people enough notice (e.g. 3-4 weeks) and choose a venue, date and time that seems to suit most of those to be invited. It’ll never suit everyone but you can try your best!
- Ask the local shops if they would contribute something towards a hamper, or a single raffle prize. Raffles on the day are a great way to raise extra funds – once they are there, people are usually happy to spend a little bit more towards a good cause like Bloomfield.
- Enjoy yourself! It can be hard work, but it’s a great opportunity to bring people together and do good for others!
ABC of Fundraising Ideas:
A: Abseiling, Art Exhibitions, Auctions, Arts Fair, Antique Roadshow,
B: Basketball competition, BBQ, Battle of the Bands, Bicycle Race, Bingo Night, Blind Date, Book Sale, Bridge Night
C: Cabaret Night, Cake Sale, Car Boot Sale, Car Wash, Carol Singing, Casino Night, Ceili, Coffee Morning, Come Dine With Me, Concert
D: Danceathon, Darts, Dinner Dance, Disco, Dog Wash / Show, Duck Race
E: Easter Egg Hunt, Egg & Spoon Race, 80s Night, Eurovision Night
F: Face Painting, Fancy Dress, Fashion Show, Film Night, Fishing competition, (5-a-side) Football, Flower Sale, Fun Run
G: Gala Ball, Games Night, Garage Sale, Garden Party, Golf Tournament, Guess-the… (height, weight, number etc.)
H: Haggis Hurling, Halloween Party, Horse Racing, Hurling Competition
I: Ice Skating, It’s-a-Knockout
J: Jamboree, Jazz Night, Jumble Sale
K: Karaoke, Keep Fit, Kids party, Kite Race, Knitting
L: Lawn Mowing, Line Dancing, Litter Picking, Lottery, Lunch Party
M: Make Up Demonstration, Marathons, Mid Summer Ball, Miss World / Mr Universe, Murder Mystery, Music Recitals
N: Netball, Non–Uniform Day
O: Open Mic night, Opera, Orienteering, Oscar party, Olympics event
P: Pancakes, Parachute Jump, Payroll Deductions, Pet Show, Plant Sale, Play or Panto Night (Theatre), Pop Concert, Pub Quiz
Q: Quiet Time, Quiz Night
R: Race Night, Raffles, Rag Week, Record Attempt
S: Sale, Salsa class, School Disco, Shave a Beard/Head, Skipathon, Sleep-out, Sports Day, Slimathon, Strictly Come Dancing, Supper Party, Swear Box, Sweep Stakes, Swimathon
T: Table Quiz, Talent Show, Tea Party, 3-legged Event, Treks, Tug-o-war
U: Ugly knees competition, Ukulele, Unicycle event, University Challenge
V: Valentines Day Ball, Valentine Cards
W: Walks, Who’s That Baby?, Window Cleaning, Wine Tasting
X: XMAS Cards, X Factor
Y: Yoga Night, Yo-Yo competition, Your Own Idea
Z: Zombie Night, Zoo Party, Zorbing
We would love to hear about your events before they even happen! We can also help advertise them on our social media and website. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.