Activities & Services
Our Activities programme plays a central part of daily life in New Lodge, and many of our residents continue old hobbies or take up new interests, such as:
- Musical Entertainment
- Weekly Baking Group
- Flower Arranging
- Classic Movie screening
- Excursions (e.g to local areas of interest, concerts, shopping)
- Pet Therapy visits
- Relaxation Therapy
- Gardening & use of Green-house.
- Art Therapy and Art Exhibitions
- Bingo, Chess and other Board Games
- Hair dressing
- Reminiscence Therapy
- Beauty Therapy
- Sensory Therapy
- Monthly Vintage Cafe
- Walking Groups
- Mood Therapies
- Mens’ Shed
New Lodge provides a comprehensive range of services to ensure the comfort of residents and to assist in their well-being, including:
- GP cover (including out of hours cover);
- Availability of a Consultant Psychiatrist if there is a clinical requirement;
- Referrals can be made to a range of clinical disciplines, including Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker and Clinical Neuropsychologist. Dental, Optical and Chiropody services can be accessed as required. Complementary therapies such as reflexology are also available.
- New Lodge aims to respectfully provide for the multi-denominational pastoral care of all residents. Currently we provide for Roman Catholic, Church of Ireland, Jewish, Quaker & Plymouth Brethren. Various religious meetings, Communions and Mass are organised to cater for individuals preferences.
- Internet access is provided for all residents.