Specialised Mental Health Rehabilitation Programme Career Opportunities
We have developed a new National Rehabilitative service in Mental Health and are inviting applications for the following position:
- Staff Nurse
The Specialised Mental Health Rehabilitation Programme at Bloomfield Mental Health Service is a person centred service designed to assist individuals with severe and enduring mental illness and complex needs who have had prolonged episodes of severe and enduring mental illness to recover and to regain the skills and confidence required to live an independent life. The programme approach is aimed to meet the needs of a small but significant number of individuals who attend mental health services. It is estimated as many as 10% of people entering mental health services will have complex needs that require rehabilitation and support over many years. The service is funded by the HSE and takes referrals through the HSE from all over Ireland.
Staff Nurse (Registered Psychiatric Nurse)
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and newly qualified Staff Nurses (RPN) to play an integral and active role in a committed Multidisciplinary Team to make a significant contribution in the development of mental health rehabilitation.
The Staff Nurse will work with residents with severe and enduring mental illness and complex needs who have had prolonged episodes of severe and enduring mental illness to recover and to regain the skills and confidence required to live an independent life.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for the provision of a professional, efficient and effective nursing service of the highest standard and ethical responsibility.
- Practice nursing in accordance with the professional code as laid down by An Bord Altranais and the organisations policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe custody, accurate recording and administration of drugs in accordance with established policy.
- Assess the physical, psychological, sociocultural, spiritual and vocational needs of the patient/resident. Plan, implement and evaluate individualised patient care programmes within the agreed framework for practice.
- Adapt a collaborative approach to patient care through the co-ordination of care and interventions provided by other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Participate in clinical induction, teaching and education programmes for support staff.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records regarding patient care.
- Follow appropriate rules of authority within the nurse management structure.
- Take management responsibility for the unit in the absence of the clinical nurse manager.
- Participate as a team member in all aspects of patient care and delegate work to team members as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a high degree of motivation and assume responsibility for professional self-development.
- Maintain good interpersonal relationships with patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Act as an advocate for the patient and their families to ensure that they are appropriately informed and counselled regarding their care needs.
- Participate in the setting of professional standards, understand and co-operate with the need to measure and audit the effectiveness of care delivery.
- Utilise the resources provided in an effective and economic manner. Co-operate in the rostering of nursing and support staff to ensure optimum use of nursing resources.
The successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- A Registered Psychiatric Nurse (with An Bord Altranais or with eligibility to register).
- Possess post registration nursing experience in adult mental health services/rehabilitation mental services services/community based mental health services.
- Have established clinical experience in the area of mental health rehabilitation and serious and enduring mental health conditions.
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability including a high standard of suitability and clinical, managerial and administrative competencies.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the Mental Health Commission requirements.
- Energetic individual with clinical experience in working with a team of diverse clinicians and strong knowledge of the concepts and operation of clinical governance.
- Ability to lead, teach, manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of student nurses and healthcare staff and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of health, safety and other statutory regulations affecting a healthcare organisation.
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development.
Bloomfield Health Services offers a competitive package and the salary will be aligned to the HSE Consolidated Pay Scale for Mental Health Staff Nurse.
Our benefits include:
- Family friendly working arrangements
- Fixed roster patterns
- Generous healthcare staff shift premiums (25% night duty, double time Sundays and bank holidays)
- Contributory pension
- Career development
- Comprehensive training programmes
- Further education supports
- On-site library and research facility
- Bloom Together employee well-being programme
- Employee assistance programme
- Free onsite staff parking
- Subsidised restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax saver commuter tickets
CV and cover letter should be sent to the HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries or further information please contact a member of our HR Team on 01-4950021 or email: email@example.com